The Catskill Mountain Railroad is an all-volunteer operation, with over 150 active volunteers. Would you like to contribute towards a valuable community asset? Have you ever wanted to work around trains and gain practical experience? You can join us! We could use your help in all aspects of running the railroad including:
- Locomotive Engineers
- Conductors and Brakemen
- Passenger Car Attendants
- Ticket Agents
- Brush Cutting and ROW maintenance
- Track Reconstruction and Maintenance
- Equipment Restoration and Maintenance
- Station Maintenance
- Marketing, Sales, Group Tours, Special Events and Publicity
- Engineering, Compliance, Planning
- Community Participation and Relations
- General Administration
If you have ever wanted to help build and operate a railroad, the CMRR offers a unique opportunity to do so. Although no prior experience is needed, the CMRR trains its volunteers to work under strict safety standards and follow the same operating rules as other railroads.
If you would like to join us in this exciting project, please contact Volunteer Coordinator Ernie Hunt by email at volunteer at catskillmtrailroad.com.